Variable is looking for a full-time mid/senior creative coder to join our team.
This position is available immediately with salary based on your experience.
- you have background in creative coding, computer science, gamedev, computational design or similar
- you have understanding of 3D graphics programming (WebGL / OpenGL / Unity / etc) and shader programming (GLSL)
- you have a strong problem solving skills and approach problems critically
- you have an interest in building systems expressing deep understanding of project context
- you want to learn, research, and develop algorithms
- you have the ability to work on your own as well as part of a bigger team of programmers and designers
- you have an interest in data visualization as a dynamic and interactive medium helping us uderstand the world
- you have server side programming experience with node.js
- you are a person with a good sense of aesthetics and design principles
- you believe the tools we use shape our way of thinking and you never stop to explore new ones or develop your own
- you will be joining a small studio and have interest in shaping its future
- you will work across mediums of web, print and immersive installations for commercial clients, NGOs and galleries
- you will design and develop internal R&D tools and push the field of creative coding beyond what’s possible today
- you will be located at Makerversity / Somerset House in central London and get access to the maker workshop space and rich programme of talks, exhibitions and environment full of startups and creative businesses
- d3.js / Canvas for 2D data visualization and interfaces on the web
- node.js for backend, scripting and data processing
- choo for front end web development
- Slack / Workflowy / GitHub for internal communication
Please apply by writing to email@example.com with your portfolio, example code and few sentences about why you are interested.